I have done some test using LoRa.
Both IoT (Dev2Dev) and a testing the Public LoRa network www.thethingsnetwork.org with good result. I will start up a Gateway.
I find LoRa great for projects that need to communicate over long distance.
- Pool controller
The probe for Ph and ORP for Pool controller has been delivered. And iv start playing around with it. i use an Arduino Uno R3 to read the values.
I actually i do no much programming/calculation at all, i did make a shortcut in the design and using Ph and ORP circuits from www.atlas-scientific.com.
And the sensors are the same as from www.phidgets.com.
I have also start looking into making a UV-C light cleaning unit for the pool, that will reduce the need for chlorine and might even reduce cost for running the pool environment during the summer month.
- Part 1 - This project is actually good for me personally in two ways, reducing cost and and development of skills
* Automatic optimize water-flow thru the air/water heater for best performance ratio
- Part 2 - add heat sources, sun-heater, district heating with goal to use the best economic heating resource at every moment.
* Logging Temperature in Pool-water, Outside air, Active Sun hours and radiation to make optimization as good a possible.
* Logging of Ph and ORP values to better help decide when it's time and the amount of chlorine to add the system.
- Arduino/Raspberry Boat controller
Just a fun projects due i like things that communicates, and ill think this is a modern way of communication that will give me both a challenge and fun
* CAN (like in OBD-II Port used i cars), a nice result would be a color-display showing different CAN-bus information.
* CAN (like in NMEA2000 bus used primary used in boats).
* Rs422 (Serial bus used primary used in boats).
- AIS receiver / decoder
As i see this, there is two ways using a fixed radio module receiving AIS-1/2 signals or trying to use SDR, there are a lot of projects out there and ill think ill start with two NRX1 fixed modules for AIS1/2 from (www.radiometrix.com) and a particle (www.particle.io) as the brain unit and see what it will bring to the table.
- PCB manufacturing and component reflowing.
As it was many years ago since i last was sending projects to production (actually this has never been done privat, only in the profession i was at time) and today i see som many more options/possibilities today, and id would like to try these out, draw my own PCB and send for a test production and there after mount and reflow the boards.